Adult Group Coaching
Caters for all ages and abilities ranging from beginners right through to match practice coaching, we hope you will find there is something for everyone .
All the Club Programme sessions below are free to all Abbeydale members and these sessions are a great way to socialise and improve your game.
- New to tennis or not picked up a racket for a few years?
- This session is for you
- Learn basic technique
- Basket feeding drills
- Next step up from the beginner coaching
- Introduction of tactics, singles and doubles
- Further technique development
- Fun games and matchplay
Wed 6.00-7.00 pm
- Ready for playing team matches?
- Specific shot selection
- Patterns of play
- Advanced doubles tactics
- 90 minute sessions for more matchplay
Cardio Tennis is a series of tennis-based drills and activities played to up-tempo music on a tennis court. It does not require tennis skills, but is all about keeping your heart rate up, burning calories and having fun. Whether the ball goes in or out is irrelevant as the main purpose is to get fit.
Mon 9.00-10.00am, Tue 9.00-10.00am, Tue 6.00 - 7.00pm, Weds 9.00-10am, Thurs 9.00-10.00am
Fri 10.00-11.30am & 6.30-7:30pm
Adult Group Coaching
- All standards welcome
- Learn new skills and keep fit
- Meet new friends and socialise
- Coffee and cake available in the members cafe after your tennis session
Mon 10.00-11.00am, Tues 10.00-11.00am, Wed 10.00-11.00am, Thurs 10.00-11.00am
Mixed Social Sessions
- All members welcome
- Grouped by standard
- Included in Traditional Membership Indoor & Outdoors
- Experience short set matchplay in a fun and friendly atmosphere
- Socialise and meet new people
- Early riser?
- Join us for breakfast tennis coaching before you go to work
- Learn techniques, tactics and matchplay before you start your day
- Open to team players of all levels
- member organised team practices
- teams entered into leagues of all levels
- Teams are selected from these practices
- A great way to represent your club
Tennis welcome is your free induction to our tennis club offered to all our new members.
At this induction we will offer advice on the club programme, coaching and the clubs facilities.
When you join we will contact you to let you know when the next induction is.